Thursday, April 23, 2009

DandyLions....Too Much Information.....

I've always considered dandelions as just weeds that are really hard to get rid of, but because I like taking close-up photos of....well....... EVERYTHING - I decided to take a couple pics of the new weeds that had just sprung up. I was a little taken aback when I downloaded and opened these photos - so I went back out and took one more wifer photo so that you could see them in context. The first pic is the larger one - just showing a weed in the yard - enjoy:

(Click on image to enlarge)



(Click on image to enlarge)

A LITTLE CLOSER




(Click on image to enlarge)

CLOSER.....





(Click on image to enlarge)

Closer Still....




(Click on image to enlarge)

That Should Do It!

.

Well, what do you think? Ever seen Dandelions like that before? I now have a new found respect for them - actually I'm a little afraid of them - I don't go near them any more.....hope I'm not developing Botanophobia....

.

Have a Great Day!

Seeya,

OregonArtGuy

4 comments:

ArtistUnplugged said...

Cue Twilight Zone music: I have been pondering doing a colored pencil drawing of one of these!!!!! They really are a beautiful flower...guess often times it's how you look at something or what you let your mind think as you look. Okay, maybe that didn't sound so good. Or just maybe it's an alien thing.........

OregonArtGuy said...

AU: Alien thing - that's what I was thinkin' :-}
~Bill~

The Crow said...

Wonderful photos! I have never looked that closely at a dandelion before. I didn't know about those little bifurcated pistils. Amazing!

OregonArtGuy said...

Crow: Thanks - so THAT'S what they're called! :-}
~Bill~